- 2 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tblsp green peppercorns, rinsed and drained if in brine
- 1kg (2¼lb) watermelon
- 120g (4½oz) feta cheese
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4). Toast the pumpkin seeds in a small baking dish for 5-6 minutes, until lightly coloured.
- Crack the peppercorns gently between your fingers or with the flat of a knife.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut the flesh into medium-sized chunks (discard the rind).
- Chop the feta into small cubes and place in a bowl with the watermelon, herbs and the pumpkin seeds. Add the lime rind and juice with the olive oil and toss gently to combine.
- Pile a mound of the watermelon and feta salad onto plates.
- Scatter over the green peppercorns and serve chilled or at room temperature.