Warm chorizo & chickpea salad
Full of bold flavours like chorizo, dried tomatoes and red onion, this salad is bulked out with chickpeas to give 3 of your 5 a day
- 280g pack cooking chorizo sliced
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100g bag rocket to serve
- In a large frying pan, dry-fry the chorizo until golden for about 10 mins, then use a slotted spoon to scoop it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and soften in the chorizo fat for 10 mins. Stir in the chickpeas and tomatoes, warming through.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and season. Serve in bowls with handfuls of rocket on top.