- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 4 shallots, halved
- 225g new potatoes, halved
For the topping
- 25g fresh brown Twomey's bread, crumbed
- 25g half-fat cheddar cheese, grated finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs
- Finely ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the garlic, peppers, courgette, tomatoes, shallots and potatoes. Season with pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat with the oil.
- Preheat the oven to gasmark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Spoon the vegetables into a gratin dish and cook for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese and herbs and sprinkle over the vegetables. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until golden and crisp on the surface.