Tuna & White Bean Salad
- 1x200g tin tuna in olive oil
- Half medium red onion, finely chopped
- Half medium red pepper, seeds removed finely chopped
- Half medium green pepper, seeds removed finely chopped
- 150g vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into quarters if small or eighths if large
- small handful fresh coriander, tender stalks and leaves chopped, plus a few leaves to garnish
- 1 small birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- pinch of flake sea salt such as Maldon.
- 1. Empty the contents of the tin of tuna, including olive oil, into a large seving bowl.
- 2. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly and season with sea salts flakes.
- 3. Serve scattered with a few coriander leaves or rest in the refrigerator o garnish and eat later
- This is a bright and nutritionally balanced salad that is really quick to prepare and , although it is great served straight away , it gets better over time so is perfect to be made in the morning and eaten at lunchtime. The salt releases all the juice from the tomatoes and mixes superbly with the olive oil from the tin of tuna making a seriously good dressing with minimal effort.