STEAMED COOKED SALMON WITH SOY SAUCE
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 x 175g salmon steaks
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 3.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- Put 2 tablespoons of water and the soy sauce in a frying pan over a high heat. Put the salmon steaks into the pan straight away, turning them once so they are coated evenly with the sauce. Scatter half of the spring onion and all the ginger over the fish. As soon as the water starts to boil (about 1 minute), turn the heat down low and put a lid on the pan.
- After 5 minutes, turn the fish and scatter the rest of the spring onion over it. Replace the lid for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve, spooning the sauce from the pan over the fish. This dish can be served with either wholegrain rice or a baked potato with green salad