Red pepper crabcakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound
- crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2/3 cup Brown breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup lights mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper, celery, and green onions to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place vegetable mixture, crab, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon dill, ground red pepper egg and egg white in a large bowl stiring gently to combine.
- Working quickly with damp hands gently shape about a half a cup crab mixture into a small burger shape repeated with remaining crab mixture forming about 8 fishcakes return pan to medium high heat add remaining 2 teaspoons oil add fishcakes to pan cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thoroughly heated.