FIVE-SPICE CHICKEN WITH A VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
- 1 heaped tbsp of sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons 5 spice powder
- 400g chicken
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seed oil
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 110g mangetout, shredded
- 90g baby leaf spinach
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp of clear honey
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of plum sauce
- 2tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped
- *if serving with raw wholegrain rice, allow 50g per portion
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until pale golden brown. Sprinkle the five spice powder on to a plate and rub the chicken pieces in it until they are well coated.
- Heat a griddle pan and grill the chicken until it is seared. Remove the chicken from the pan, and place on a baking tray in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the low-calorie spray in a wok and add the spring onion, garlic, and chilli. Fry for 2 minutes. Add mangetout and spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the pepper and then stir in the honey.
- Add the soy sauce and plum sauce and cook for 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Stir in chopped coriander and sesame oil. Remove from heat. Slice the chicken. Mix with stir fry vegetables. Serve with wholegrain rice.