- SERVES 2
- 1 tsp low fat cooking spray
- 500g extra lean mince beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 500g passata
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 beef stock cube
- 3 large courgettes, spiralised
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Heat low-fat calorie spray in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the mince, onion, and garlic and fry for around 5 minutes until the mince is browned, the garlic is fragrant, and the onion is softened.
- Add the tomatoes, passata, Worcestershire sauce, and mixed herbs to the pan and bring to the boil, stirring well. Simmer for 15/20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- When the sauce is nearly ready, heat low-fat spray in a large pan and add the spiralised courgette. Cook over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes until slightly softened. Season to taste. Serve topped with the sauce and garnished with fresh basil.