CHEATS CHICKEN CARBONARA
- 1/2 tbsp low calorie cooking spray
- 1 rasher of smoked back bacon trimmed of all visible fat and sliced into small strips
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chicken fillet, sliced into strips
- 50g wholemeal spaghetti
- 50g courgettes, spiralised
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- *you can serve this with a green salad
- Put a saucepan of water on to boil. Heat the low-fat spray on a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the bacon, spring onion, and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken. Toss together with the other ingredients and stir fry for about 6 minutes, until you are happy the chicken is cooked through.
- When the water is boiling, drop in the whole-wheat spaghetti and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the courgettes for 1 minute. While the pasta is cooking, whisk the egg yolk with the lemon juice and mustard until smooth. Just before draining the pasta, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the hot, starchy cooking liquid into the egg yolk, whisking until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and courgettes, give them a shake and tip into the pan with the chicken. Pour in the yolk mix and combine over a low heat. The sauce will become thick and velvety.
- Season with fresh parsley and serve.